Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back in the Good Ole Days ...

... I would have hours upon hours of free time to sit in front of the computer and digitally color my illustrations. Now I have to wait until my day off (Wednesday) for the two hour window when Fiona sleeps before I can get any computer work done! I wouldn't trade any of it for the world, but I do miss being able to crack out fully-colored drawings in one, sometimes two, days. Ah well, I've still been told I produce illustrations quickly, especially given how little time I have to actually draw. That always makes me feel better.
I've still been working on Otherverse Games commissions, as well as a portrait of three young girls for an etsy customer. That one has taken me lots of tweaking to get the sketch just right, but I want it to be perfect.
Pretty soon, I should have some stock art packages up on indie rpg game websites, thanks to Chris Field. I just wish I knew more about some of these programs (that I don't have the money to purchase) to be able to figure this stuff out on my own! What I really want to be able to do is make a badass website. Alas, I shall suffer with my poor attempts at one for now; it's served me well so far and gotten me lots of commissions. If only I could continue to do this as a full-time job! That seems to be my most common complaint/rant, and a similar one for other freelance artists as well, I'm sure.
Here's another art teaser for you guys. This is the finished inks illo called "Shiftsteel Symbiont" for Otherverse Games' "Psi-Watch." I'll be coloring this digitally pretty soon and I am quite excited about it.

No comments: